We are continuing to read through Heaven Taken by Storm together.
You can find our reading plan and links to previous posts here.
Chapter Ten Outline
- Satan’s Opposition
- His violence
- His treachery
- In suiting his temptations to the temper of the individual.
- Drawing men to evil, under a pretense of good.
- He tempts to sin gradually.
- He tempts to evil in lawful things.
- He puts men upon doing good out of evil.
- He persuades men to evil, by such as are good.
- How to offer violence against Satan
- By faith
- Faith does not yield.
- Faith beats back temptation.
- By prayer
- By faith
Chapter Eleven Outline
- The danger of the world
- Why we must offer violence to the world.
- It is deceitful.
- It is polluting.
- It is perishing.
Questions for Reflection
- It seems that Christians often either ignore Satan completely or blame him for everything. Do you tend to fall onto one side or the other?
- Which of Satan’s treacheries that Watson listed resonated most with you? What are some other treacheries of Satan that you can think of?
- In what have faith and prayer helped you fight back the temptation to sin?
- What is the danger of worldliness? Why is it important that we are not of this world?