We are continuing to read through Heaven Taken by Storm together.
You can find our reading plan and links to previous posts here.
Chapter Twelve Outline
- Metaphors for Heavenly Violence
- Reasons for Offering Violence
- God’s command
- God’s decree
- It is difficult
- Violent assaults are made against us
- from our hearts
- from the powers of hell
- This violence is of the highest importance
- We save our soul
- We gain a kingdom
- We can never slack in this duty
- The Difficulty of Getting Heaven
- Offer Violence Through:
- Hearing the Word
- The Danger of Moderation
Questions for Reflection
- Which of the metaphors for offering violence most resonates with you? Why?
- Which of Watson’s reasons for offering violence’s you find most compelling? Why?
- What is the danger of moderation?
- How has Watson challenged you overall to offer violence?