We are continuing to read through Heaven Taken by Storm together.
You can find our reading plan and links to previous posts here.
Chapter Seventeen Outline
- Hindrance #1 – Take heed of unbelief.
- Hindrance #2 – Take heed of puzzling thoughts about election.
- Hindrance #3 – Take heed of too much violence after the world.
- Hindrance #4 – Take heed of indulging any lust.
- Hindrance #5 – Take heed of despondency of spirit.
- Hindrance #6 – Take heed of a slothful, lazy disposition.
- Hindrance #7 – Take heed of consulting with flesh and blood.
- Hindrance #8 – Take heed of listening to the voice of such carnal friends.
- Hindrance #9 – Take heed of setting up your abode in the lowest pitch of grace.
- Hindrance #10 – Take heed of the opinion that it is not so hard to get the kingdom.
Questions for Reflection
- Which of Watson’s motives most resonated with you? Why?
- Can you think of other hindrances to offering violence that Watson did not mention?