This week we conclude our reading through Heaven Taken by Storm together.
You can find our reading plan and links to previous posts here.
Chapter Eighteen Outline
- Keep up daily prayer.
- Get under lively preaching.
- Get your hearts filled with love to religion.
- Be vigilant.
- Bind your heart to God by sacred vows.
- Be sure to make going to heaven your business.
- Have heaven continually in your eye.
- Keep company with such as are violent.
- Never leave till you have the Spirit.
Chapter Nineteen Outline
- What shall we do?
- To the aged: keep violent till the end.
- A consolation to the violent: you are in the way of the kingdom.
- Comfort to the deadened heart: look up to Christ.
Questions for Reflection
- Which of Watson’s final directions for offering violence in chapter 18 do you most live out? Which do you resolve to take up?
- Are you within any of the three groups addressed in the conclusion? If so, how did Watson challenge/comfort you?
- Looking back upon the book as a whole, how has Heaven Taken by Storm stirred up your zeal for heaven?