We are continuing to read through Heaven Taken by Storm together.
You can find our reading plan and links to previous posts here.
Chapter Eight Outline
- Explaining the Lord’s Day
- We have great reason for sanctifying the Lord’s Day.
- We must sanctify the Lord’s Day
- We must rest from all works of our calling.
- We must lift up our hearts in thankfulness to God.
- We must prepare our ourselves.
- We must labor to be bettered by each Sabbath.
- We must dedicate the whole day to God.
- God doubles His blessings on this day.
- We must rejoice in the Lord’s Day.
- A word to the magistrates
Chapter Nine Outline
- The importance of holy conversation
- Some considerations
- Discourse demonstrates what the heart is.
- Holy conversation is very edifying.
- Gracious discourse makes us resemble Christ.
- God takes special notice of every good word we speak when we meet.
- Holy discourse will be a means to bring Christ into our company.
Questions for Reflection
- In what ways has the Lord’s Day replaced the Sabbath for Christians, and why is that so important?
- In what ways do you sanctify the Lord’s Day?
- Why does Watson place such an importance upon conversation?
- Are your conversations holy in the way that Watson describes? Why or why not?